Tuesday 2 July 2013

Billy & Me - a love story to get lost in

I read Billy and Me on recommendation (from http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/), as soon as i heard the name I knew that I recognized it.  It is written by Giovanna Fletcher and it is her debut novel, she is the wife of Tom from Mcfly, and sister in law to Carrie Fletcher ( who you might know as It'swaypastmybedtime on YouTube).

I really enjoyed this book and it was a great escape.  When I read it I was in the middle of exams and it provided something to look forward to after reading about cells and equations and such like.  For anyone who is not an avid reader, or who wants a light summer romance for the summer then this is perfect.

 It tells the story of Sophie May, a young woman who lives in a small village outside of London.  This village has become the picturesque setting for a new adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.  Sophie May never focused on finding true love until she met Billy Buskin, the teen heartthrob set to play Mr Darcy! Sophie plucks up the courage to follow Billy to London, but is the hectic red carpet world really for her, and will her family's history be revealed?

The image is from the internet (www.goodreads.com ) as I bought this book on my kindle, so couldn't take a picture of my own.  I still love reading real books but it means that I can get classics for free, and most books are slightly cheaper.  It also means that i have more room for clothes when i am packing to go away!!

Please comment with any recommendations and I hope that you have a good summer holiday.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment