Monday 30 September 2013

Brownies :D

I have never been good at making brownies, they are not crispy on the top or gooey in the middle.  Last weekend I decided to have another go at trying to make the perfect brownie.  I found this recipe online (http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/6023/quick-and-easy-brownies.aspx), wanting a recipe that wouldn't take to long, and didn't require me to go out and find ingredients that I did not have at home.  I thought I would share this REALLY EASY recipe with you:

Ingredients:

400g Caster Sugar
225g Plain Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
225g Melted Butter
60g Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
4 Eggs 
(optional) 60g Walnut Halves

How to make:

Preheat oven to 180 C or Gas mark 4
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
Pour mixture into a greased baking tin (23x33 cm)
Bake for 20-25 minutes - mine took longer because I think I used a smaller baking tin, they still turned out gooey in the middle though
Remove from oven after time/or when top is crispy and middle is set but slightly soft
Leave to cool and slice into equal portions

This is such a simple recipe, and it worked really well.  I am sorry I forgot to take pictures, and all that was left when I remembered was a plate of crumbs, oops....  This is a different kind of post so please comment and  let me know if you like it and I will do more.

4 comments:

  1. I've tried brownies a few times, mostly coming out more like chocolate cake. It does work sometimes, however, and I will try to try this... if I'm not rolling around by yule time. (!)
    http://www.and-then-there-was-cake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the recipe, let me know how they turn out if you do make them :)

      Delete
  2. I've just put these in the oven Esme, smell good :)

    ReplyDelete